Marvel is a free, web-based tool for creating prototypes for any device: desktop, tablet, mobile and more.
The app works by synchronizing with your Dropbox account which simplifies updates (as local file updates are instantly reflected to the Marvel-powered prototypes).
It accepts both images + PSDs and prototypes can be shared with unique URLs, SMS or QR codes.
It is usually not easy to present “menus that are few levels deep” in a user-friendly way. And, that’s specially hard for cross-platform layouts.
Multi-Level Push Menu is a jQuery plugin that provides a very good solution to such menus.
It has support for unlimited levels, works cross browser/platform and makes things much easier for touch devices with swipe gestures.
The menu can be set to next from left-to-right or right-to-left and all works with a simple markup (unordered lists).
Compatibility: All Major Browsers
Buffer is one of the most popular apps for managing multiple social media profiles, scheduling posts and more.
Circular is an open source alternative for Buffer that is built as a Backbone.js app with a REST API written in PHP that stores data in MongoDB.
It only works with Twitter where you can add a list of tweets and they will be sent on the date-time defined.
Multiple accounts are supported and a bookmarklet helps using it easier.
P.S. The app can also be used and tried with the hosted version.
Requirements: PHP, MongoDB
Smartimage, a cloud-based brand image management application (that was featured before at WRD), now has new features offering a more powerful, visual experience.
The application helps companies to manage + share images and other visual content that workgroups and small businesses use everyday for events, promotions and brand communications.
Besides all the core features like auto-conversion to popular formats and sizes, sharing/embedding and public/private galleries, there are now features like:
- Custom image gallery options – Users can now choose which display and action features to enable for each collection including on/off switches for downloading and sharing files.
- Embeddable image gallery carousel – Images can be displayed in a stunning super-sized carousel or elegant thumbnail gallery.
- Robust digital imaging – Dynamic resizing allows Smartimage to host your images and easily display them on other web pages while maintaining their quality.
- Updated user interface (UI) – A cleaner interface puts the focus on the user’s brand and high-quality images.
- Faster speeds globally – Everywhere in the world, Amazon’s CloudFront Content Delivery Network (CDN) provides faster upload and download speeds.
Smartimage now offers more control and attractive, dynamic ways of presenting and sharing high quality content, while emphasizing simplicity.
An API is also in the roadmap of Smartimage which will allow integrating it further. P.S. The app offers a full set of features for getting the most out of these assets and you can find the complete list here.
Due to how the text rasterizer works, fonts look heavier on OS X and iOS, compared to to other operating systems.
And, trying to close this gap with per-browser CSS styles is a common pattern.
Also, Type Rendering Mix can be used to disable web fonts when no antialiasing is applied.
It works by auto-adding some styles to theelement that represent the rasterizer and anti-aliasing support on the browsers and leaves the rest to us (creating the styles).
Requirements: No Requirements
Compatibility: All Major Browsers