Advanced jQuery Suckerfish Menu: Superfish
Superfish is an advanced suckerfish menu plugin for jQuery.
It turns a standard CSS dropdown menu and tranforms it to a more powerful one (it gracefully degrades).
It supports both horizontal & vertical menus and unlimited sub-menus can be defined.
Considering the menu is generated from a CSS-dropdown menu, every sub can be easily styled too.
Other features of Superfish:
- Suckerfish-style hover support for IE6.
- Timed delay on mouseout.
- Animation of sub-menu reveal.
- Keyboard accessibility.
- Indicates the presence of sub-menus by automatically adding arrow images to relevant anchors.
- Drop shadows for capable browsers – degrades gracefully for Internet Explorer 6. Can disable shadows completely via options object.
- Can show the path to your current page while the menu is idle.
- Optional callback functions. The ‘this’ keyword within the handlers you attach will refer to the animated ul sub-menu.