On-Demand Image Generator – EasyImg
EasyImg, to mention at first, is a very different kind of web service which can be very powerful under the creative hands.
It is a highly customizable web-based graphics engine that enables anyone to insert "instantly created custom images" to their websites.
How it works?
EasyImg works by sending a formatted query to the service as the source of an image. An example will describe it better:
<img src="http://images.easyimg.com/fd592fce/h-60/w-480/bw-2/r-15/bc-e0dede/fc-fcfbdc/c-fc2671/font-Tahoma/size-30/banner.png?text=WRD Test Banner" />
- fd592fce = is the token for my account
- h-60 = height is 60px
- w-480 = width is 480px
- bw-2 = border width is 2px
- and you can possibly guess the rest easily..
Besides the standard image properties, it is possible to use various fonts, rotate the final image, add gradients & more.
EasyImg can be set to re-create the image every time it is called or use caching for faster usage.
Also, it is not a must to host every image generated at the system. They can be downloaded as a single ZIP file anytime.
Where can I use it?
Primarily, it is a great fit to be used in websites where images must/can be customized like:
- users customizing the look & feel of their accounts (you may need to create rounded corners with different colors)
- usage of rotation
- usage of custom fonts
- no image editing software (ideal for customers who are not into webdesign but want to update the look of websites – can be integrated into CMSs)
And, it is a perfect fit for special cases like dynamic barcode generation (just use the barcode font).
P.S. This post is a sponsored review.