Powerful Storage Library For Cookies, Flash..
- Size: Cookie max size is around 4kb.
- Bandwidth: Cookies are used in every HTTP transaction.
- Complexity: It is hard to manipulate cookies correctly.
Modern web browsers, Google & Flash have non-cookie storage solutions but each of them solved this differently:
- globalStorage: Firefox 2.0+, Internet Explorer 8
- localStorage: development WebKit
- openDatabase: Safari 3.1+
- userdata behavior: Internet Explorer 5.5+
- Adobe Flash
- Google Gears
PersistJS solves all of the issues above. It currently supports persistent client-side storage through the following backends:
- flash: Flash 8 persistent storage.
- gears: Google Gears-based persistent storage.
- localstorage: HTML5 draft storage.
- whatwg_db: HTML5 draft database storage.
- globalstorage: HTML5 draft storage (old spec).
- ie: Internet Explorer userdata behaviors.
- cookie: Cookie-based persistent storage.
And the great news is, each backend is communicated with the same interface which means you don’t have to know or care which backend is being used.